Sunday, December 14, 2014

Reindeer Hat Debut

Earlier today, I posted about my progress on my first e-textile project.  I am happy to report that it has now been sewn together and is working properly!

While the audio in this video sounds pretty distorted, the hat clearly plays "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer."

I used a Lily Pad Simple Snap so that I could re-use and reprogram the board for other projects, without having to remove the LilyPad, itself.
Here is what my sketch looked like before I started sewing.  I'll be the first to admit that I didn't spend that much time on this.  I really wanted to jump right in, rather than spending a great deal of time, I always change my mind when I'm on the midst of creative work. The addition of a temperature sensor is featured in a later blog post. I'm not sure that I love the pom-poms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.