Thursday, February 11, 2016

Puttering with Raspberry Pi Zero

Today I took the plunge and got my Pi Zero up and running for the first time!  I haven't gotten it connected to wifi yet, but that's my next step.

First, I need to get a USB hub, because I don't have enough ports to accommodate a wireless keyboard and a mini wifi module.

Although I haven't created anything useful yet, I was able to create a silly Scratch program and experiment with Pi's version of Minecraft.  The biggest challenge, so far, has been using the tiny keyboard!




Thanks to a couple of blog posts by Lucie deLaBruere, I knew that I could hook the Pi up to a projector as a display output.

Since my projector was old, I needed to use an additional VGA to HDMI adapter, but it worked like a charm.

Lucie's advice to plug the projector in first and the power to Pi last allowed me to get up and running on the first attempt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.