Thursday, September 21, 2017

How to Make a Light-up LED Cuff with a Magnetic Switch #makered

I'm scheduled to teach an e-textiles workshop at the annual Vermont Art Teachers Association (VATA) conference on 29 September.

As part of this hands-on activity, I will be teaching some classroom-tested strategies for helping large groups of students to create their own light-up wearable cuffs, constructed with felt, conductive thread, and ring magnets.

Here is the link to my Light it Up:  Fun with E-Textiles presentation.

If you are interested in learning more, I've also created a new Instructable (and accompanying video tutorial) detailing my process with students grades three through five.  There, you'll find useful circuit diagrams and templates, as well as links to vital supplies.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.