Monday, September 22, 2014

My PLN (30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 22)

What does your PLN look like, and what does it do for your teaching?

Since I'm not currently working under a contract, having access to a strong PLN is even more vital to my development as an educator.  Without the benefit of having daily discussions with colleagues at a brick and mortar school, I have been relying upon Twitter, Blogger, Scoop.it, Google+, and Diigo to keep connected to other educators.

Doing so allows me to seek feedback from others to keep up to date on issues that are impacting a variety of schools. Having a strong PLN alerted me to a variety of free online courses, such as Renee Hobb's Copyright Clarity MOOC (which begins next week), which also keep me in touch. I am a member of a Google + group that is interested in the Maker Movement in Vermont. As a result, I can see what other teachers are doing in their schools and can participate in activities such as the Champlain Maker Fair with other educators that share my interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.