Friday, February 13, 2015

Playing With LilyPad MP3

Today, I learned how to upload music that I made on Garage Band onto a micro SD card to play on a LilyPad MP3 player.  So far, I've only experimented with the Trigger program that comes with the MP3 player.  Using this program, I can trigger up to five songs.

Now that I've soldered the encoder to the center (so far this has been the trickiest part), I can add more tunes and adjust the volume once I upload new code.  This will be useful, because the small speakers I have hooked up don't sound particularly good at the default volume.

I'm not yet sure that I want to do with this gadget now that I've had a chance to play with it.  I am kicking around a few ideas, but nothing has fully captured my imagination.

I've seen people use these in holiday sweaters, musical aprons, and interactive art projects. Somehow, none of these ideas are inspiring me right now.  To be honest, I wish that I'd spent a bit more time thinking about what I might use this for BEFORE I started playing with it.

Since a fresh idea isn't coming my way as quickly as I was hoping, I'm going to put this on the back burner and let the ideas incubate a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.