Thursday, November 6, 2014

An Inspiring Quote (30 Day Blogging Challenge #6)

Today's prompt:

Share a quote or verse that has inspired you and tell us why.


The following Teddy Roosevelt quote was brought to my attention by Brené Brown, an inspiring TED Talk presenter and vulnerability researcher who's written several books, such as The Gifts of Imperfection and Daring Greatly that have shaped the way that I view the world.
fail while daring greatly by Sarah_G, on Flickr
Creative Commons Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 Generic License   by  Sarah_G 


This quote resonates for me as a recovering perfectionist, because it helps me transform my fear of human failings into the encouragement to keep trying my best.  I also like it, because it perfectly illustrates how important it is to have a growth mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.