Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Book Recommendations (30 Day Blogging Challenge #21)

Nov. 21's (belated) prompt:

List a book you are thankful to have read and how it has inspired you to be better at what you do.


In a previous prompt, I mentioned how Parker Palmer's book, The Courage to Teach, has helped me to be better about listening to my inner teacher, rather than living a divided and unbalanced life.

Once again, I would like to recommend this book to anyone who struggles with feelings of inadequacy, exhaustion, or any of the other harbingers of burn out.









The other titles that have helped me to reflect upon my practice, as well as my life in general, are both written by Brene Brown.  They are Daring Greatly and The Gifts of Imperfection.  Both of these books have changed my teaching and my outlook on life in ways too complex to articulate.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.