Wednesday, September 10, 2014

5-4-3-2-1 (30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 10)

Today's prompt feels a bit like something that I've seen on FaceBook, but I'll be the first to admit that I like it.

Share five random facts about yourself.

1.  I went to high school in Germany.
2.  I enjoy the art of binding books, and then giving them away as gifts.
3.  I detest artificial plants, especially in restaurants and funeral parlors.
4.  A student once caught me singing "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" at the top of my lungs, as I worked in my classroom after hours.
5.  I love bluebirds, even if they do eat my blueberries.


Share four things from your bucket list.

1.  I'd like to paddle board on Lake Champlain.
2.  I'd like to take a jewelry making class.
3.  I'd like to spend a week at the Haystack Mountain School of Crafts learning something frivolous and fun.
4.  I'd like to take a cooking class in Italy.


Share three things that you hope for this year, as a "person" or an educator.

1.  I hope for happiness, health, and wholeness for myself and those that I love.
2.  I hope to become more adept at learning how to code.
3.  I hope to find the place where my greatest passions meet the world's greatest need (Buechner).


Share two things that have made you laugh or cry as an educator.

1.  Middle school humor often makes me laugh.
2.  Saying "goodbye" to students, colleagues, and schools makes me cry.

Share one thing you wish more people knew about you.

1.  I am an introvert.  I may seem outgoing, but I need some silence in my day to recharge.  I prefer to lead from the sidelines in a thoughtful way, with the benefit of having the time to make thoughtful decisions.  I do my best work in small groups.  I am most confident when I feel prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.