Monday, September 22, 2014

Curating Student Work (30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 20)

How do you curate student work-- or help them do it themselves?

Socially Engaged Instruction by jrhode, on Flickr
Creative Commons Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 Generic License   by  jrhode 

One of the ways that I curate student work (and help students do so) is through the creation of Google Sites. Whenever I start a new unit that involves a project, I create a Google Site for students that includes a KUD, letting them know what I want them to know, understand, and do.  I also include a rubric and links to standards, as well as screen casts and resources that students may access.  After students have completed their projects (and received feedback from their peers and myself), I post the students' work to the site to show off their work.  I have also taught students how to build their own Google Sites and blogs which they can also use to showcase their work.

Here is an example of a site that I created for students that features samples of student work.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.