Sunday, November 30, 2014

Kindness Pays (30 Day Blogging Challenge #30)

Today's (Nov 30) prompt:

Practice an act of kindness this week and blog about your experience.


Today is the last day of the 30 Day Blogging Challenge!  To celebrate, I'm going to keep this post short.

Yesterday, while on the prowl for a parking spot in downtown Burlington, a car was preparing to leave just as I was driving in to the lot.  My surge of joy was temporarily squashed when I noticed that another car, one that had pulled in before I had, was already waiting there, preparing to back into the spot that had come open after he'd driven past.

It would have been easy (and incredibly Grinch-like) to snatch the spot, but I backed up to let the person in the other car capture the spoils.

Surprisingly, the person opted not to take it and drove away, leaving my friend and me with a conveniently located spot, with a "free" sign covering the meter!

Here's to kindness, good karma, and a call to pay it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.