Sunday, November 16, 2014

Tools Glorious Tools (30 Day Blogging Challenge #15)

Today's prompt:

What tech tools are you most grateful for? Why? How have they changed what you do?


In a previous post, I addressed this question in terms of five favored tools that I've frequently used with students.  While I got very specific in that post, I sort of overlooked the obvious.

As a result, I'd like to re-frame the question here to identify tools that are not only useful in a classroom setting, but those that have become so integrated with my life that I have nearly taken them for granted.


I am especially grateful for Google tools, such as Drive, Docs, Gmail, Blogger, Calendar, Sites, and Google+.  Both personally and professionally, these tools have drastically improved my efficiency and ability to communicate, create, collaborate, and curate.

I'd also like to give a huge shout out to Diigo, my favorite social bookmarking tool.  It has become an extension of my memory, allowing me to save, tag, and organize interesting links as I encounter them.  I love the way that my favorite tweets* (the ones that I mark with a star) magically appear in my bookmarks! What a great way to collect, share, and quickly access words of wisdom and other juicy gems.        

Thanks also go to my favorite iPad creation apps, which have inspired me to explore, play, and express myself in new ways.

My favorites currently include:

Pic Collage
Do Ink Green Screen app
Do Ink Drawing & Animation app
iMovie
Garage Band

*I'm saving my thoughts on the beauty of Twitter for an upcoming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.