Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Family Traditions (30 Day Blogging Challenge #22)

Nov. 22's (belated) prompt:

What are the family traditions you are most grateful for?


At this time of year, I am reminded of how much I love sharing a meal with my extended family on Thanksgiving. 

Before the guests arrive, my husband, daughter, and I all pitch in to help.  We start by doing a thorough cleaning of our house (many hands make light work), and then we each contribute something to the meal.

Aside from the pleasure of eating baked turkey, and watching my husband roll out the crust for his famous pumpkin pie, my favorite family tradition is making homemade dinner rolls with my daughter (the way that my mother used to do with me).

Today, I am grateful for family, food, and the opportunity to pause and take notice of the snowflakes that are starting to fall outside of my window.  With the snow comes yet another family tradition:  getting a Christmas tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.